Sunday, June 5, 2011

Faith like a child!

2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.


A few weeks ago Emma started asking questions about being baptised. Simple and very well thought out questions. Being that she just turned 7 I tried to keep my answers short and simple. Then I found out that a friend of hers from school came to school and talked about getting baptized. I think that gave Emma the confidence to tell me she was ready.


On the way to our small group one Sunday afternoon she began the conversation with me again. I explained that being baptized is just a simple to other believers that she has asked Jesus into her heart and to clean away all her sins.


Later that night when were were about to say our night time prayers again Emma asked me a few questions...then she got very quiet and finally said.."mama will you help me pray, I am ready" WOW!!! I went and got Shad and we prayed with her. It was an amazing and humbling moment in my life.


I have been blessed to go on many mission trips and help lead children to Christ but I never imagined getting to lead my own child. I am not sure why, it seems that we would be the most logical but still I was so surprised. Thank you Lord for this HUGE blessing.




I called Tessie at church and she told me that Emma could be baptized if she was ready in less than 2 weeks. I asked Emma and after just a quick moment she was defiantly YES!!!


We met with Tessie and made plans.


We were so happy to stand and support Emma, I couldn't be prouder!


JoJo, Big Daddy, Judy, Frank, J, The Son's Family, The Murray's, The Johnson's, The Coopers, and the Matthews were all there to witness.



To our surprise Caroline was also baptised at the same time. It was so nice to share this life changing moment.


After the service Emma chose to eat at Jalapeno Tree. We had a great celebration.




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What an incredible day! We are so glad we got to be there. Emma we are so proud of you!!!!

Stephanie said...

What an awesome day! I was sad that I was in the other service and couldn't see her. Such a proud moment for your family!