Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Where's Henry

I had to bring this blog back up to the top. It is my favorite. I think my little man is so hilarious. I also decided after reading Crystal's blog that I haven't updated you on all his milestones lately. So watch this video. Get a good laugh in and I hope you have a GREAT day.

This was Henry tonight after bathtime. This kid constantly cracks me up. He did this all on his own. I always wrap him up and we play peek a boo while we get ready for bed and get dried off. Tonight I didn't say "Where's Henry" fast enough so he did it for me.

Before I begin. Let me start off by saying it is really hard not to get caught up in the baby Olympics. You know...my baby can____ fill in the blank or my baby does____. I try really hard never to compare my kiddo's with others in their age group, but it can be so hard not to. So this is strictly to let you know how proud I am of my little guy. I just don't want this to come off like I am bragging. Of course I think I have the cutest, smartest, greatest baby ever...but guess what so do you! So here goes

Henry at 18 months

  • loves to read books. He constantly goes into his room saying book book book and then promptly bring it back to sit in your lap and read over and over saying more more each time you finish. After you have read it a bazillion times he goes back for another book. Right now his favorite books are the ones with the peek-a-boo holes.
  • Henry likes driving cars. From the grocery store to sitting in our laps in the drive way. We love cars. He got some great new matchbook cars for Christmas and we drive those on the kitchen and entry hall floor as well as on the little people garage. Boy they can really move on the Little People Garage. Even Emma and I like to do that. He is really good at putting them back into his Hot Wheel suite case when we are finished playing
  • Henry is still addicted to BALLS!!! As you might have read in a previous post, there for a while I thought ball was going to be the only word he ever said. BALL BALL BALL BALL BALL BALL BALL BALL it was enough to drive you crazy. Well he says alot more words now but we still LOVE balls more than anything else. Henry is much better about throwing the ball or anything else he picks up but we are still working on it.
  • Henry loves to wear hats. His favorite hat is his snow hat. The minute the snow started he put it on and it hasn't come off since. He really wants to sleep in it, but that is where I draw the line.
  • Henry is sneakie. He knows that he is not allowed to have a real phone, the remote, our keys, etc...so when he gets them he tries to hid in the corner or run away with them. Once he knows you are on to them he chucks the item and runs the other way. Funny until he has your camera!!
  • Favorite Foods: String Cheese, Juice (aka:Gracie-don't ask we have no idea), HOT DOGS!! (he takes after Frank Schmidt) Bananas, gold fish, chicken nuggets (preferably cold McDonald's nuggets out of the fridge-GROSS) Baked Potatoes, Beans, Raisins, Little Smokies ( a take on the hot dog) and dip.
  • Henry can say: any of the foods we just listed, milk, Oh Man, I get it, You get it, I found it, Here it is, where is it, Where my binkie, outside, Please_____(insert name of closest person), Thank you, welcome, I'll Fall, Where hat, Who is it, Where are you, I love you, I miss you (I travel to much) Where's Henry, Stop it,
  • You can always change Henry's bad moods by singing a song. He can be in a full on meltdown and if you start singing any of his favorite songs..he stops and says more more.
  • He has just started to like TV. We watch Mogies (Movies) in the car on trips..usually he falls asleep. His favorite TV show is Micky Mouse Club House or he calls it Hot Dog. Every morning we put on our hat and watch Hot Dog. Then we eat Hot Dogs (little smokies)
  • Henry likes to make car noises and dinosaur noises when he is playing they are pretty high pitched but very cute.

Ok That is enough..I could go on for ever...and by the looks of this..I really did. So there is my boy in a nut shell. He brings me such joy. A good friend of mine said to me yesterday that he really completes our family he is the perfect rounding out...She is so right!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh, Henry is so cute and smart! I just wish we could get our kids together to play just once. You have a wonderful family! You are very blessed!

Leah