Sunday, November 3, 2013

NYC Marthon

Our trip to NYC was wonderful.  We started with a walk from the hotel threw Central Park.  We were checking out the race set up as well as enjoying the amazing view.  

We found this little guy at a cafe we stopped at for a snack.  
We knew Henry would love him.  

After we got back to the hotel we met up with the Carnes and headed over to the expo.  It was incredible like something you would see in a movie.  Huge booths with running mannequins.   Just too COOL!!!  I found my new favorite flip flops COMFY!!! 

We had a late dinner at NoBu and a few drink at the hotel bar then headed to bed.  It had been a long day.  The next morning Shad and I got up and went to scout out breakfast.  There was the coolest farmers market just outside our hotel.  They had fruits, veggies, meats, cheeses and pastries.  Lots of different booths to choose from.  We ended up having our first ever liege waffles....YUMMY!!!  We had to walk those off for sure.  We walked around the block to see what all was around us and toured the whole foods.  Then we had a wonderful  lunch at Carnegie Deli.  Shad got Motzoh Ball Soup and it was AMAZING!  After lunch we went to see broadway production EVER!!!

After the show we walked around just for a little while.  We walked to Time Square and visited the HUGE Toys R Us and the Hersheys store before heading back to the hotel.  We went back up to the hotel bar and the boys ran down to whole foods to get their dinner.  Teri and I had dinner at Cafe Fiorello just across the street from our hotel.  It was incredible.  So much so that the boys said we would be eating their again so they could have some.  We called it a very early night so the boys could get as much rest as possible.  

Shad was out of the room by 5:00am to go catch his bus.  I laid in bed and watched the start from our warm hotel room.  Teri and I met downstairs to go to brunch around 9:45.  We went back to Cafe Fiorello because it was close and so yummy.  With a warm full tummy we headed to our seats at the finish line.  Security was insane.  I was so lucky to be with Teri and have our VIP passes.  We went through about 6 check points.  The streets were empty except for police officers and police dogs.  So scary.  

Teri and I finally made it to our seats after walking about 1 1/2 miles.  We snuggled up to keep warm and waited for the boys.  It was amazing to watch the pro's finish and then to see so many people coming in at once.  They literally had over 200 finishers/minute.  CRAZY!!!


Drew came in first but Teri stayed with me.  Once we saw Shad finish we left and went to catch up with the boys.  The finishers shoot was almost 2 miles long.  Drew was back at the hotel so I took Teri most of the way back and went back for Shad.  When we finally found each other he was so tired.  He just wanted to sit down....I couldn't let him.  I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get him back up.  
 Once back at the hotel Shad wanted to show and go EAT!!!  He was so hungry.  We met Teri and Drew downstairs and took the boys to get Pizza.  

After Pizza it was time for our real dinner.  We had reservations at Rosie O' Gradys.  We met Elisa and Jimmy Spears, Jane and Peyton Carnes, and Drew's sister and brother-in-law.  We had a lovely time visiting about the race and our stay in NYC.  

The next morning we took a cab to Rockefeller Center.  We went to the Lego store, the NBC store, and saw Kathie Lee Gifford getting in her car.  

Finally we walked down 5th Ave.  We walked past most of the stores but did take time to peruse Tiffany's and Trump Tower.  It was time to grab lunch before we needed to head to the airport.  We ate guessed it Cafe  Fiorello.  Shad loved it as much as I had.  

Time for our trip to be over.  Mark this down as race 32 and put a check on the bucket list.  What a great trip!

No comments: