Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bisquit Waffles

My family has a love affair with waffles. Now they are very spoiled to my homeade waffles and I love making them but some mornings I just don't have time.
I have started getting the Pillsbury daily emails. I can honeslty say that I LOVE this daily email. I never delete it. Now there are things that I don't make but I have made ALOT of things I have read on there. They are super quick and ALL have been really good. I also get a weekly email from Coupons.com. There are tons of good coupons and there are always coupons from Pillsbury on there.
Ok back to the waffles....last night sweet Emma says mommy can we have waffles tomorrow morning...man I just wasn't excited at all until I remembered one of the emails I had received from Pillsbury about using Grands Bisquits to make waffles. Sure we can have waffles...they will just be a little different.

One thing I wont do is use store bought syrup. I just don't like it. Never have. So here is a quick recipe for homeade syrup that ROCKS.
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Water

Bring to a rolling Boil over high heat. Be sure to keep a close eye on this, if it boils over HUGE mess.


After you reach a rolling boil remove from heat and add
  • 1tsp mapleline-or maple flavoring if you can't find mapleline
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp Almond Extract

Stir and it is ready to serve warm.

Now for the waffles. This is so easy...

I also have to mention that I have a fedish for waffle irons. I have at least 3 or 4. They are all antique. I like the ones that have the really small wells in them. Just like my mom and nannie had.

Pre-heat your waffle iron. Be sure to spray with non-stick spray before adding your bisquits. Place one bisquet in each section of waffle iron. Press down lid and keep presure while they cook. Ours took about 3 min. (The bisquits tend to puff up if you don't press them down)

Well Emma wasn't a huge fan but she is such a picky eater anyway. Shad, Henry and I liked them. I know Alex would love them. They don't compair to my homeade waffles but they took like a total of 10 min start to finish. Great easy breakfast.

1 comment:

Christy J said...

I am so stealing this one! I never would have thought to make waffles with biscuits!