Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Celebrations!

Oh Labor Day....How I love thee!!
I was so happy when Doug and I talked and decided not to open the store on Labor Day in Wichita Falls. I couldn't wait to spend a day with my family and friends. The start to the school year has been fun and hectic all at the same time. I quickly miss the days of summer with no schedule and swiming with friends and family is a daily affair. So Labor Day was a step back to all of that. Lolly made her famous brisket and sofaphia cheese cake, The Coopers brought drinks and fruit (always a HUGE hit with our kids) and we took care of the rest with beans, chips, buns and fixen's. Now that the food was set time for some fun!!!


So let me just say the pool was COLD...not cool but COLD...Dave Otto was the only one brave enough to join in on all the fun. We are so lucky most of the kids can swim on their own now, and that Henry took a much needed 3 hour nap during all this play time.

Sweet Livi...there is no stopping this girl! She is fearless.

























Alex and Meridith did swim but bailed when the little ones got in. They showered and decided to hide out as young teenagers tend to do. Carl the Banana was a big hit as well!




No comments: