Wednesday, May 26, 2010

1st Grade Here We Come!!!





My sweet peanut, Emma graduated from Kindergarten. I can't believe this year is already over. She has changed so much and grown over 4 inches. CRAZY!! We absolutely LOVED Brook Village and Mrs. Heiman and Mrs. Laughlin. Emma excelled in every area of learning. She is just on the edge of learning to read. (she just needs a little more confidence in herself) The graduation was so sweet. The class sang a few songs and then each child was called up to receive a special award. Something that the teachers would remember them for. Emma received the Most Artistic. I know shocker!!! Mrs. Heiman said Emma could turn any project into a work of art and how intentional she was with each aspect of her master piece. It is nice to know she is the same person at school as she is at home.









Are they not the cutest thing you have ever seen. I did great until they sang the eagle song about spreading their wings...but I choked back the tears!! Emma was so proud of me.


Mrs. Heiman, Emma, and Mrs. Laughlin





Emma and Jasmine and Ashley...2 great friends...See how much she has grown




The graduation was cute and sweet...I thought it would be more difficult. I thought I was out of the woods until I took Emma to her last day...HOLY MOLY that was hard. Picking her up I couldn't hold back the tears. My precious baby is growing up. I remember my mom saying some day I would understand when I scolded her for the tears...well I totally get it mom. I just want to freeze time. If each year gets faster I have precious little time left. I must cherish each moment, each memory, and every step. Thank you Lord for choosing me to be Emma's mom!

No comments: